- Start Here
- About Us
- Events & Workshops
- Get Involved
You are here
Full-Time Operations Manager
Are you a quick learner? Do you enjoy solving problems and working on complex projects? Would you like to be part of a progressive nonprofit organization that supports and empowers families of children with disabilities? If so, consider joining PEAK Parent Center to help us navigate through several exciting upcoming projects!
About this Position:
The Operations Manager supports the Executive Director by handling day-to-day operations with a focus on efficiency, effectiveness and employee engagement. The Operations Manager will be responsible for identifying and implementing improved work methods and systems; administering various Human Resources plans, policies, procedures and activities; overseeing all office administrative activities, including organizing meetings, managing workflow for project support, monitoring administrative task completion; and developing, in collaboration with the Executive Director, intra-office communications and protocols to convey a feeling of trust, service, security and satisfaction with clients and staff. Serves as deputy director to help keep the organization moving forward in the absence of the Executive Director, as appropriate.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Develops and ensures effective implementation of organizational procedures and systems that improve performance, safety, and productivity of staff and administrative operations, including documentation, communication, follow through, regular review and maintenance.
- Proposes, maintains, and administers various human resources plans, policies, procedures and activities concerning recruitment, hiring and onboarding, benefits, compliance, personnel files, performance management and support with general employee issues.
- Prioritizes and assigns tasks to office administrative staff in order to meet project outcomes. Manages employee schedules and troubleshoots scheduling conflicts. Tracks progress of tasks and troubleshoots problems to ensures that operations project deadlines and commitments are met. Provides effective project management training, coaching, and tools as necessary.
- Maintains a favorable image of the agency by effectively managing the reception area and ensuring professional telephone coverage and other communications, both internally and externally.
- Serves as the liaison between office administrative staff and senior management, communicating needs and concerns so they can be handled expeditiously.
- Develops and implements office administrative service level standards and agreements and regularly monitors, evaluates, and positively recognizes or addresses performance issues.
- Supervises the maintenance and changes to office areas and equipment, as well as housekeeping of office facilities. Negotiates and tracks the purchase of office supplies and equipment for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
- Seeks input, plans, and coordinates intra-office communications to improve productivity and overall employee engagement.
- Assists the Executive Director in fostering an atmosphere of collaboration, commitment, accountability, inclusion and service through leadership and effective communication.
- Assists with special projects and performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Public Administration, or Nonprofit Management required, or equivalent combination of related education and experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of business operations or office management experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of people management experience, including recruiting, onboarding, developing, coaching, and managing employee performance
- Knowledge of HR compliance and laws
- Understanding of HR best practices, systems, processes and databases
- Must have passion for social justice and inclusion
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with co-workers, supervisors, vendors, external partners, and the public
- Leadership qualities, including the ability to be positive, assertive, efficient, and strategic
- Very strong organizational skills and attention to detail—this person is responsible for making sure that nothing slips through the cracks
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships by encouraging and facilitating cooperation, open communication, and teamwork at all levels of the organization
- High level of professionalism, integrity, and ethics
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form
- Proven ability to effectively problem solve, delegate, analyze, prioritize
- Ability to focus on multiple tasks simultaneously and coordinate others’ work
- Ability to perform duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with policies, programs, and guidelines to achieve the overall objectives
- Demonstrated excellence in project management, clarifying project scope, managing schedules and time commitments, and controlling costs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
To apply, please submit the following:
- A letter of interest
- A current resume
- PEAK Parent Center Application for Employment
- Contact information for three business references
No phone calls please. Application packets are currently being accepted via:
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: PEAK Parent Center, Attn: Human Resources, 917 E. Moreno Avenue, Suite 140, Colorado Springs, CO 80903
- FAX: 719.531.9452, Attn: Human Resources