- Start Here
- About Us
- Events & Workshops
- Get Involved
You are here
Region 5 Parent Technical Assistance Center Project
The purpose of the Region 5 Parent Technical Assistance Project (Region 5 PTAC) is to provide technical assistance to Parent Centers, comprised of Parent Training and Information Centers (PTIs) and Community Parent Resource Centers (CPRCs), in a 10 state region (Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming). The Region 5 PTAC believes that Parent Centers help foster independence in families so they are empowered to participate and advocate for their children throughout their lives. Through its technical assistance, the Region 5 PTAC supports sustainable, independent, empowered, and successful Parent Centers. The Region 5 PTAC assists Parent Centers with:
- Agency and grant management,
- Outreach strategies,
- Special and general education content areas,
- Strategic technology planning, and
- Effective collaboration with their states.
Here are some of the most common ways that the Region 5 PTAC supports Parent Centers in Region 5:
- Hosts an annual regional meeting that brings together center directors and key program staff.
- Conducts site visits and offers technical assistance during these visits based on the needs and requests of the Parent Center.
- Provides assistance and offers training to Boards of Directors.
- Publishes a Take5 eNewsletter.
- Conducts monthly webinars and teleconferences for Region 5 directors and key program staff.
- Offers topical work groups for Parent Centers related to key aspects of agency and federal grant management.
The Region 5 PTAC is funded by the Office of Special Education Programs at the U.S. Department of Education. The Region 5 PTAC utilizes existing pools of resources to develop the capacity of Parent Centers in Region 5 by providing targeted and intensive technical assistance so that Parent Centers will more effectively serve families in their state! PEAK Parent Center has been implementing the Region 5 PTAC project since 2003. Learn more about PEAK Parent Center’s core vision and values!
Some of the contents of this website were developed under a grant from the US Department of Education, #H328R130011. However, those contents do not necessarily represent the policy of the U.S. Department of Education, and you should not assume endorsement by the Federal Government. Project Officer, Kristen Rhoads.