- Start Here
- About Us
- Events & Workshops
- Get Involved
You are here
Increasing the knowledge base of families, self advocates, educators, and professionals is a major focus of PEAK Parent Center. Why? Information is empowering!
One way we achieve this goal is by offering links to recordings of webinars that can be accessed by anyone, anytime, and from anywhere! We hope you enjoy learning via the multitude of links below.
Want to participate on a live PEAK webinar? Check out upcoming PEAK webinars and workshops!
Recordings of Webinars Sponsored/Presented by PEAK Parent Center (Note: each of the links below will open in external, non-PEAK websites):
PEAK’s Shift Transition Project Webinar Series: In this series, hear motivating stories about how to advocate as youth with disabilities and as parents of youth with disabilities, plus much more!
- Know Yourself and Speak Up – Tales of Self-Advocacy and Lessons Learned, Presented by Ian Watlington, Self-Advocate and Disability Advocacy Specialist with the National Disability Rights Network, Washington D.C.
- Step Off the Beaten Path: Shift to a New, But Important, Parent Role During Transition, Presented by Pat Amos, Advocate, Consultant, and Parent, Pennsylvania
- The Nuts and Bolts of Getting and Using Vocational Rehabilitation Services, Presented by Joelle Brouner, Director of Community Access, State of Colorado Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR)
- Opening Doors to the World of Work Through Discovery and Customized Employment, Presented by Michael Callahan, President, Marc Gold & Associates, Gautier, Mississippi
- The Big Shift from IEPs to IPEs as You Transition, Presented by Betty Schoen, Region 1 Transition Specialist at the Arizona Department of Economic Security and Cheryl Carver, Youth Services & Transition Unit Manger at the Colorado Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Accessing Supports for a Good Life Through Centers for Independent Living, Presented by Nicholas Love, Program Manager in the Advocacy Unit, Ability360 Center for Independent Living, Phoenix, Arizona
- Assistive Technology Tools for Transition and Beyond, Presented by Therese Willkomm
- Person-Centered Transition Planning, Presented by Beth Gallagher
- Starting the School Year off Right, Presented by PEAK Parent Center
PEAK's Back to School Webinar Series:
PEAK's Early Childhood Webinar Series:
- Orientation to Early Intervention and Individualized Family Service Plans, Presented by: Wayla Murrow, EI Colorado
- Routines-Based Model for Home Visits, Guest Presenter, Presented by Robin McWilliam, Siskin Children's Institute, Chattanooga, Tennessee
PEAK's Transition Webinar Series:
- Getting on Track with Transition Basics
- Finding Support and Resources for Meaningful Employment with Joelle Brouner
- Lessons for Families and Students from My Experience presented with Stephen Hinkle