- Start Here
- About Us
- Events & Workshops
- Get Involved
You are here
Youth Leadership Summit 2019: Ability in Power
February 14-15, 2019
Held concurrently with PEAK's 2019 Conference on Inclusive Education at the Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel.
PEAK's new Youth Leadership Team is excited to host The Leadership Summit and introduce their 2018-2019 theme, "Ability in Power."
At this year's Youth Leadership Summit:
- "Represent the Ascent" - Inclusive Strategies to Know Thyself
- "Altitude = Attitude" - Self-Advocacy to Build Your Voice
- "Weather It Together" - Community Leadership to Build Your Network
The Youth Leadership Summit:
- Is specifically designed for young adults, ages 16-21 with varying abilities/disabilities (self-advocates.)
- Is for youth to experience as independently as possible and is not for parents/guardians.
- Registration Rate: $150
- Deadline January 18, 2019
- Included for each participant with registration are a T-shirt and a Certificate of Completion for their resumes.
- Because of design and space limitations, pre-registration is required. Space is limited to 20 participants.
- The Youth Leadership Summit runs concurrently with Conference. The tentative schedule for Youth Summit: Thursday 12:30-8pm, Friday 10am-5pm. Details to come.
Participants of the 2019 Youth Leadership Summit will:
- Identify their individual strengths, interests, and needs.
- Gain skills that will help the advocate for themselves and speak up about their strengths, abilities, needs, goals, and vision for adult life.
- Develop personal self-advocacy steps that they can take with them to use Monday morning.
NOTE: While the Youth Leadership Summit is being universally designed to accommodate diverse styles of learning and communication, PEAK recognizes that some youth may require additional individual supports to ensure their full participation. Due to very limited resources, PEAK may not be able to provide the individual supports required but is willing to explore options with youth and families.
What does "Ability in Power" mean?
The Youth Leadership Team at PEAK strongly believes in your own power to define your own abilities. No one can take this power away from you. Each of us has strengths and areas of growth. Varying abilities define our ability to grow and to nurture our voice. Together we have the power to change, inspire our own future, and to define our supports.
Who are the PEAK Parent Center's Youth Leadership Team?
Dan believes that inclusion takes everyone working together and being open to the idea that we are unique and can successfully live symbiotic lives in this world. Dan is a soccer enthusiast who loves music, art, and experiencing new things. Dan is grateful for family.
Emily loves her job at PEAK Parent Center as a youth advisor and cultural outreach specialist. Currently, she is pursuing her master's degree in Cultural Anthropology. She loves eating all the food, reading world literature, running with her dog, and submitting to her cat's wishes.
Register youth for the Youth Leadership Summit online, today!
Click here: https://www.tfaforms.com/4686651
Questions? Email Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org